PolyScale.ai - AI-driven Database Cache
What Is PolyScale.ai?
PolyScale.ai is an AI-driven database cache. Using smart caching, it improves query performance, lowers network latency and makes global data access and scale engineering a breeze, both on premise and at the edge.
PolyScale is plug and play and uses fully autonomous caching that requires no code to implement, and zero configuration and tuning. It can be implemented in minutes with a simple change to the database connection string.
PolyScale is available as a fully managed, global edge platform and also available as a self hosted version.
The Data Distribution and Scaling Challenge
With the adoption of globally replicated delivery (CDN) and distributed computing frameworks (Edge serverless), global latencies continue to be reduced. Users expect low latency performance no matter where they are or how complex the underlying requirements may be.
Today, it is relatively simple and inexpensive to deploy both static assets and business logic locally to users, pushing latencies lower. This paradigm shift however poses challenges at the data tier in that storing consistent data in a distributed manner implies additional operational overhead, cost, and strains monolithic databases.
Data latencies are typically reduced for users by scaling the database (for example adding read-replicas), or by implementing application level caching using in-memory solutions such as Redis. Both of these solutions come with ongoing costs. Distributed databases can help, but the distributed aspect makes them complex to deploy and maintain.
Benefits of PolyScale
The addition of a PolyScale cache provides several benefits:
- Increased Query Performance - PolyScale serves any cached queries sub-millisecond with massive concurrency on multi-terabyte data sets. Any slow queries are served instantly without the load burden on the database.
- Reduced database infrastructure costs - Cache and serve read traffic with PolyScale to free valuable database resources and reduce infrastructure spend.
- Lowered global latency - PolyScale provides a global edge network so that data can be cached locally to wherever your application is running. Connecting to PolyScale automatically resolves to the closest Point of Presence, so data is fast everywhere.
- Increase engineering productivity - Unlike caching databases such as Redis, PolyScale requires no code development or configuration. This removes the requirement for cache design entirely. No data modeling, invalidation design, testing and observability. Developers can focus on application features rather than scaling their database.
- High availability and fault tolerance - PolyScale's global edge network provides inbuilt fault tolerance so that in the unlikely event of an network outage, the next closest Point of Presence is automatically used.